The Philadelphia Center integrates urban living, academic study and professional development with every student’s experience. We use the city as a classroom, providing social and academic support through thought-provoking seminar courses. Our passionate full-time faculty advisors are dedicated to helping every student grow, thrive and take ownership of their academic and professional future.
I recommend this experience to any student who wants to find out who they are, not only as a person but what they’re interested in and what career they want to pursue. It’s a really welcoming and supportive community. You get to put yourself out there. If you want to be challenged and have a rewarding experience, you’ve gotta go to Philly.
What’s Better For Me?
Not every plan is the right choice for everyone. Below you will find some highlights about each plan that may help you in deciding which one is right for you!
Fall or Spring – 16 Credits
- Explore career paths through real-world applications and rigorous, seminar-style courses
- Experience a 32-hour-per-week-internship that best meets your academic and career goals
- Study in two classes at TPC for up to eight academic credits
- Diversify your study with a once-per-week evening elective course
Summer – 8 Credits
- Experience a 32 to 36-hour-per-week professional internship that best meets your academic and career goals
- Concentrate on key knowledge and skill areas, produce a professional portfolio, and participate in on-site meetings
- Secure housing in the vibrant and diverse city of Philadelphia